Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Now this is just plain ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, May 17, 2004.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow, talk about waking your marriage up after finding out about this..."You mean there's more?!"

Really though...it's incredible and shameful that these peoples' family never told them about the birds and the bees. Says they were brought up in a "religious environment" and were simply just "unaware." I hope that religion wasn't some form of Christianity because if it is then the parents must have torn out the entire book of Song of Solomon! :D

brad cook

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Also makes you ask yourself..."Now just what were they doing to attempt to have children? Writing letters to the stork?"

brad cook

3. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    :) The world is full of all kinds.

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    LMAO

5. I was about to say the same thing....I guess they were just waiting for her to get pregnant by herself???

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    This is not the first time I've heard of this. There was a couple in the church I was attending at the time who grew up in an extremely conservative household. They were trying to have children, and after some embarrassing counseling sessions, they discovered that they just weren't doing it properly, if you get my meaning.

I would have thought that instincts could take over in these situations, but I guess you can even brainwash your instincts away.

7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    No kidding. As far as I know, even Christians only believe in one immaculate conception.

8. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Imagine their joy when they discovered how to have sex ("The 30-year-old wife and her 36-year-old husband are now being given sex therapy lessons...") and then realized that they are married and wanting children, therefore that they should be having lots of sex. I'll bet they both called in sick to work for the next day or two. (or more ;) )

9. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    By the way - it's a cute story and funny and all, but I just don't believe it. There is no way that this is a true story. Absolutely no way. Nope.

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I haven't seen this in German news so far.

11. I heard about this today in school. *Tries to remember where*

Nope. Weird.

12. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    your barbie sig made me giggle :D

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico

Do a search on "Steven Wright" for more

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow, 14 views and 13 responses...that's got to be a record for view to response ratio for posts with 10 or more views. I declare it a record.

brad cook

15. Ack.

I didn't respond, but I read, and I don't want to be the ONLY one. :p

16. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Think the therapy touched on BJ's?
    :D :D :D :D

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    shall do :)

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm skeptical too. -Unless they also lived in a cave with earplugs and blinders, they would know something about sex.

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ah...peer pressure wins again. :)

It's all shot to hell now though...views went up over a 100 pretty quickly.

brad cook