Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

now THIS is the worst ebay bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FLOYDtheBARBER, Feb 8, 2003.

1. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    D:

2. That bass kind of scares me...

3. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    Gumby scares me. period.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm sorry, but that bass is freakin' awesome! LED eyes???!! How can you beat that? And I love how he says "extremely rare," but doesn't say "one-of-a-kind." Does that mean there are other Gumby basses out there? Maybe there are matching Pokey models...

5. well, it probably IS woth the money. i mean, the soft case is in MINT CONDITION!!!!!
    i also thought it was funny that it's custom made, but "rare"; not one-of-a-kind.

6. Whoever made that...ahm....öh..."thingy" must have been a very, very, I mean VERY desperate man... and whoever made that bass should never make a bass EVER again! That is the worst eBay thing right after the awful BUD bass. (You know, the leftover piece of wood with a BUD sticker on it...) :rolleyes:

7. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    if only it came in a five......:D

8. It has to be a G & J Blockhead conspiracy....

9. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    that is class!! light up eyes!!! that rules!!! i want one!!! only if it wasnt so much...lol

10. Oh dear God..... *shakes head in shame*

11. You guys are the biggest bunch of whiners and elitsts I've ever see! Just because it's not made by Fender or Gibson doesn't mean you have to immediately tear it apart!

Someone obviously has a true love of Gumby, and was kind enough to extoll this in the form of a bass guitar which he obviously put hours and hours of labor into! The least you could do is show some graditude!!

Its GUMBY for Pete's SAKE! GUMBY!!!

;) <---wink wink

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If it were priced a lot more reasonable ($100- $200) Id buy it.

Peace
    Nick

13. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    ^(what he said)^

I WANT THAT BASS!!!! Gumby is my childhood hero. That bass is totally sweeeeet! I would love to have one of those. One day, I make it my mission, I will own a Gumby bass :cool:

14. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I think it's very cool. Slide the decimal point in the price over one space and it would be hangin' on my wall!!

15. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Jackass:rolleyes:

16. aleyman

aleyman Guest

Nov 1, 2002
    PA
    I'd love to have that! if it was cheaper (and if i had money) i would totaly buy it!and i wouldn't just hang it on my wall, i'd use it!could you imagine the complaments!?!

17. yeah, i'd pay one or two hundred for it. but he's askin' a bit much, no?
    i wanna know what the reserve is...

18. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Waaaaaaaay too much. Yeah, it should be played and no, there aren't any basses hangin' on my wall. The thing really doesn't look all that comfortable to play though.

19. I just love people that have never been on ebay that just start an account and put something that they built with a huge price and think it will sell for even more because they own it. Much less those award winning pictures! (or none at all-remember the $9000 bass) Did anyone see his one of a kind Alembic explorer bass?