Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Now to build one for my bass rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrackBass, Jan 25, 2006.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    Me and my buisiness partner, who also happens to be my guitar player banged this out in the last couple of days. Seems to work really well for a prototype. We still have to build the doors and handles but it's pretty much done. i'll be starting the bass version this week depending on how much extra time i have. What do you think?

btw I haven't weighed the entire rig but it's less than 100 lbs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Looks Great! I love it.
    Is that diamond plate over plywood, or thick aluminum diamond plate?
    Where'd you get the hardware? Make it yourself?
    Do you think a Bass amp would rattle?
    Skip wrapping another amp and make a speaker cabinet that looks like that.

3. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    it's diamond plate over plywood. we went a little junkyard wars on the trim but i think it turned out ok. that's just the prototype. i'm about to make one for my bass rig, just roll it on stage and plug it into the wall. then roll it back on the trailer when the gigs over. the trick is securing the equipment inside the case in case of a front or rear fall. in any case it'll look sweet on stage. as far as cabinets are concerned that's pretty easy to do, and i actually have a project in mind for the not too distant future. i just hope i have time to work on it this week.