Now with frets!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jan 14, 2003.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    "aircraft grade carbon fiber"

2. That cut looks really sweet from far away but when you get upclose it looks like he slipped with the jig saw :p
  3. Does he make basses when he's tired?

4. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Can it be? :oops: ...

I actually kind of like the body shape of that bass... the work is starting to look somewhat more clean... just get rid of the tin can top control cover, and put in a real bridge and we might got something... *gulp*... good? :eek: :confused: :D
  5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    id rather have sumone kill me on stage than play that thing in front of sumone
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Is it just me, or does it look like the neck is wider at the nut than at the bridge?
  7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Did he fan the frets on purpose, or is that just a coincidence?
  8. BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I wouldn't say they're fanned, just a couple of them are crooked. Also the through body stringing is set across a crooked arch. I also noticed that there are some bumps/unevenness on the back of the neck. While it may be unique, so was my last dump.
  9. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    maybe the fret fan is due to the fact that he tied the frets on; like a 15 th century lute...:D

You know i think i might pick up one of the frtless if i could get it for $50. just because...:eek:
  10. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i take that back... What the Hell is he smoking ???????:eek: :confused:

The "Swirl " bass ???

Good God !

isn't there a grassy gnowl (sp?) somewhere near his shop ?;)
  11. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    He's definitely getting better - but someone needs to teach him about necks and their ergonomics, that nut width is terrifying. Well they do say practice makes perfect, and he's getting paid to practice.

12. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I hate to say this but I recently played one of his basses. A friend of mine bought a fretless and I must say it sounded great. It had a ton of mwha and growl. It didn't play that great because the neck was huge. It felt like an upright neck. The side markers which were small nails in the side of the fingerboard weren't aligned correctly and the construction wasn't great but for $200 I think he did quite well. I hated the bridge and the big volume knob and control plate. But it truly was not that bad of a bass.
  13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    A truss rod! He is making progress. And call me crazy but I kind of like ths look. No bannana bass, but not too bad for a Wishbass.
  14. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Brutal, just brutal. :eek:

15. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it looks like he is getting better.
    but still a long way to go.
    not to be an egotistical bastard, but i am almost sure i can build a nice bass my first time around.
    atleast he is using better pups than select emgs!
    bridge and volume knob should be next on his plate.

16. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    more like Neck Construction/Shape/Ergonomics, Fret Lines, and string spacing through out the board should be the next on his plate

17. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    that should have been the first thing on his plate.
    way before design!
    but he is in it for the looks.even tho' they really don't look good. except that swirl bass. i actually like it. now buy it? it would have to be really cheap.

18. How about this one? I kinda like the headstock curly. It looks like his prices have gone up!
  19. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i don't see why. unless, he does have better pups and wood.
    but 2in.!!!!!! that might as well be a 5 string!