1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Now you have 2 reasons not to buy a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SnoMan, Mar 14, 2008.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
  2. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    That's it. I'm selling both of mine now.

3. They will be after my neighbor. I don't think there is anything left stock on his. It must be worth 3X more than his house at this point. Sounds cool though :) His playroom looks like a Ferrari showroom :rolleyes:

4. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    ...What the hell.

5. WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...........it IS a limo. those things can be ****ing dangerous.like, i'm talking almost just a liability to ferarri.
    man, what if there was a giant accident because some dink in that car was pulling 130 where he shouldn't, got hit from the side, hit three other cars along the way, which flipped over and hit three other cars. i mean.......a whole lotta **** can happen with that.

6. Or whatever the biggest denom-bill is. When you're that big, you can afford the lawyers that can do that. Might is, in effect, right.

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Why do I get the impression that Rickenbacker's army of litigators is looking at this and thinking they can do the same thing?

8. Who would want a Rickenbacker limo? :ninja:

9. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I'd buy it.

10. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    You can kill someone with a knife, it doesn't mean you will. Ferrari's pending lawsuit is about image and reputation, which is just as bogus of an arguement. They might have a case if he was chopping up multiple Ferrari's and selling them. Even then, that's not much of a case.

11. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I'm thinking a guy with enough money to buy a 360, chop it in half, add 9.5 feet of carbon fiber in between, and finish it up in a VERY attractive package, MIGHT have enough money to hire a decent lawyer.

;)

12. It doesn't seem like Ferrari is worried about liability issues here. I think it's just that they don't like anyone messing with their cars. There is no mention of Ferrari's liability in the event of a wreck. Ferrari is suing because of "trademark infringement" and they want the guy to remove the prancing horse from his car.

13. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    And to think...I was actually going to buy a Ferrari. They've lost my business with thier pompous, holier than thou nonsense. Guess I'll just keep driving my Honda! :D

14. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida

I am just gonna give mine away.

15. uhh:confused::eyebrow:
    wonder what if fender starts with :rolleyes:this rant!

16. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I live in Houston, TX right by the Astrodome. Feel free to drop it by any time. :D

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Ah good. I'll just buy a house instead.

18. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Yeah, but then you'd be waiting a year or more for it to pick you up.

19. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

I have heard that Ferrari buyers have to sign some agreement regarding modification. I'm not saying it's true but I have heard it before. If that's not the case...

20. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Silly beyond belief.