Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Noye's Fludde (Benjamin Britten)

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by dhosek, Apr 16, 2001.

1. dhosek

dhosek

May 25, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Anyone play this? It appears that I'll be the bass section for a local production of this piece. Music should be arriving soon. Anything to watch out for? I've not managed to find even a recording of it at this point.

-dh

2. the only Britten piece I can think of is the Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra, which is very cool... it, and Peter and the Wolf were an essential of my childhood listening.

-a

3. I played this work earlier this year. It's a fairly easy piece, with some nice lines and heavy emphasis on dynamics. It was a lot of fun, and very playable.

4. dhosek

dhosek

May 25, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well performance is this weekend. And how's this for cool & entertaining: My teacher just wrapped the Chicago Opera Theatre production of this on Saturday. We spent my lesson yesterday going through the whole thing.

I'm going to the library over lunch to pick up the Boosey & Hawkes pocket score so I can check how I fit in with the ensemble in a few places (I've got the slow and lumpy pizzicatos down, but there are a few others where I want to be sure I understand what's happening through the whole orchestra).

It is great fun though. I may have to get my sister-in-law to videotape it so that I can see what it looks like.

-dh