1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NPB- Trace Elliot Transit B- Anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chandman1004, Mar 14, 2018.

1. chandman1004

chandman1004 Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    I got a new TE transit B today. Seems pretty good so far, but I have a question. Are the compressor lights supposed to show some kind of activity when compressing? When engaged, I can hear the compressor working , but the lights do not flicker ( even with gain all the way up and hitting the strings hard).

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have one, and I do not believe that the lights are supposed to flicker.

3. chandman1004

chandman1004 Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    hmm..did yours come with software?

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I don't believe so. If it did, I have not used it (yet).

5. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Just read the Transit B manual.
    Per TE:
    LO-BAND/HI-BAND
    Controls the amount of compression to the Lo-Band and Hi-Band frequencies. The backlit LEDs come on with the footswitch, but each will flicker off while playing to show when compression occurs.

6. TuneSalad666

TuneSalad666 Banned

Mar 1, 2018
    Denmark
    It's 100% analog, so don't see what software would be good for.

7. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I just got one of these and I'm really digging it. The compressor can choke you out if cranked too high but backed off to the noon neighborhood, and with the input gain turned up high enough (without clipping) it sounds fine. The Pre-shape is an instant modern clean tone, the EQ section has decent frequency points, and the OD can do fizzy and a bit clanky if you have the high-mid band turned up a bit on a switched-on EQ section. It's not a high gain or metal type distortion, but with the pre-shape turned on, the OD sounds a little bit sharper.

As for the compressor lights - mine do not flicker, but this:
    The "each will flicker off..." part of this line has been redacted in my manual - they glued a strip of white over it, so I am pretty sure that they stopped making them do that and just didn't reprint the manuals after the change. My manual also has an errant extra blank page stuck in the middle of the controls list, so it may be a transition-period manual or something.