NPBD - Franken P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lesgo, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Lesgo

Lesgo Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2016
    This is a slightly delayed New Parts Bass Day. I finished putting it together over the weekend. Made up of:

3-piece alder MIJ Hosco precision body finished in Tru oil and polished with gunstock wax
    Fender MIM PJ Deluxe neck with maple fretboard (picked this up on TB classifieds. It's fantastic)
    Fender '62 Reissue precision pickups (put these in my Squier a decade ago. Still sound great)
    Gotoh bridge
    Old MIM pickguard reshaped into control plate
    Strat knobs taken off of my old broken down guitar that I haven't touched in years.

The info here on Talkbass was super helpful, particularly with the finish. I may change out the control plate for a steel pickguard eliminator plate eventually; it's not in the budget for now. The build was rewarding in itself, but I can confidently say that this is easily the best bass I have ever owned (I haven't owned many, and they've all been budget models). It shined at rehearsal last night. Can't wait to gig with it.

I'll run through the assembly process with pics if I have time over the coming days.

I have caught the assembly bug, and I'm afraid of what I'll have to build next in order to keep the demons away..

Yahboy, Monster Truck and A-Ro like this.
  2. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    Nice. I love the John Wetton look!

Lesgo likes this.
  3. Lesgo

Lesgo Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2016
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021