1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD Ashdown LoMenzo Hyperdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rev J, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    For those who haven't followed the saga here is the initial story:

Venting my frustration with "The Bass Place"

Well, I finally got it. After a few minutes starting out with a download of LoMenzos personal settings and a little tweaking I got what for me is a usable tone. It does do a screaming face melting distortion really well and most of the demonstration videos on YouTube show these types of sound really well but I found a really cool setting that works well for me:

Frequency: 9:00
    Drive: all the way up
    Mix: 10:00

Both switches up. Even though the drive is heavy with the mix that low it is just noticeable. Usually when I try a pedal I turn on the pedal and let it tell me what to play. Interestingly when I got this set up I almost immediately started playing a thumb muted reggae line. Fuzz Bass and reggae aren't usually a mix you immediately think of unless you are Bill Laswell. I also tried playing some Jazz Chords finding enough clarity for them to ring out with just enough grit to add some color. Another interesting thing about it is that on the lower notes you can hear the fuzz on the overtones and it gets more noticeable as you get closer to the set center frequency of the fuzz and gets more subtle above and below center frequency.

In all I am impressed with this pedal and it was worth the $60 I paid for it.

C/S,
    Rev J

2. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    I just discovered another cool combo effect with this pedal. I run my Envelope filter before it. As the envelope sweeps through the midrange the amount of distortion changes with the mid sweep giving it a cool old school synth type of sound.

C/S,
    Rev J

theunknowndude likes this.