1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD: Beat Buddy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ppiluk, Nov 30, 2018.

1. I was browsing one of my music store haunts looking for something new when I noticed a shiny new Beat Buddy. I hemmed and hawed and finally reluctantly pulled the trigger. I should say I previously purchased a mini and it crapped out after 10 minutes so I was sceptical about this one.

I rushed home, plugged it in and started playing around. I was amazed. it was easy to use and sounded amazing. The best thing is how organic the pedal sounds. There is a huge variety of styles and drumkits with the option to add more for a small fee. It takes a little getting used to control all the sections of the drum track but with a little effort you will figure it out. Saying that you really do need the additional 2 button footswitch. I am not sure if it works with other footswitches.

This is an excellent practice tool especially for people who don't get much time with other musicians. It makes practice more fun and give newer bass players a better feeling for how to play in the pocket.

catcauphonic and Adamixoye like this.
  2. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I remember when the Beat Buddy was in development, the maker was using TB as a sounding board, getting some feedback for design.
    Reading about it I remember thinking this is silly, certain to fail.

I love my Buddy.

Another example of why I’m not an entrepreneur.

catcauphonic and ppiluk like this.
  3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    It's really hard for me to say "most essential pedal," the Beat Buddy is making a push for that title now that I am using it all the time in place of the church drummer we lost a few months.

ppiluk likes this.