1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NPD - COG!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by socialleper, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    When I started getting into boutique pedals there was a select list of "must haves." Getting my hands on a COG Effects pedal without paying full price was one of those goals.
    I have achieved that goal!
    This new-to-me TK-421-X custom is a fun little box. I've only spent 30 minutes with it and I can already see a lot of potential. The Blend acts like a clean channel volume, similar to the TAFM, with a LPF for taking out highs if you want. The Level is the dirt channel volume, so you can mix an match levels however you want. LPF-2 is a tone for the dirt channel and there is a 4 position clipping rotary on the front instead of inside.
    I also got it super cheap, especially for a COG. I'd almost feel bad for the Aussie that sold it to me if it hadn't been an Aussie that talked my first wife into divorcing me and then moving to Australia. I got a better second wife and a nifty pedal, so Karma is right by me.

20171003_195252.

2. Nice pedal! Love my cog effects! Sorry to hear about your wife related stuff but I guess you won out ok!?

socialleper likes this.
  3. I love my mini TK-421 it’s the distortion tone I’ve been searching for since I started playing.

4. socialleper

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I used mine at practice two nights ago. It is pretty neat. It is a very "complete" sounding distortion, is that makes any sense.
    I'm very happy so far.

Jonny_Orange likes this.
  5. Mini tk421 exists??? Where??

6. socialleper

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    The current model, like mine, is "retired" and a lot of the newer models are smaller. It could be coming. I think they will custom anything reasonable.

7. It's why I asked... its not on the stock products page and when I asked Tom it's been coming for 12 months or so now :(