1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD Digitech Freqout

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swimming Bird, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Freqout had a price drop and is now definitely worth a try. Sounds better with dirt and can get an impressive array of sounds. While I like it for the intended uses of infinite sustain and natural sounding feedback, it can also do quirky glitch stuff and synth sounds. The sub setting is great.

theunknowndude and Robertron like this.
  2. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    It is like a mournful little whale that follows you around.

blip likes this.
  3. How actual useful is it... would it work in a band mix? Or just bedroom mucking around?

4. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    Depends on the kind of music you play I'd imagine. Could be great for more experimental/ambient stuff. Or covering songs with excessive feedback, which isn't too common but was used for a lot of classic stuff.

theunknowndude likes this.
  5. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88

Sep 16, 2013
    Whitby
    Useful in a band mix? Sure, maybe not for Motown covers but depending on the music it's a nice effect. Setting the onset with a bit of delay keeps it out of the mix until you hold a note long enough.
    It's an 'always on' effect for me when it's on my guitar pedal board with pretty convincing sounds when it's dialed in quietly in the background. Larger dollops can get synthy sounding in the same style as the Digitech Whammy.
    I like it on bass with the Roland GR stuff I play with. The 2nd harmonic setting is nice and again, I keep it in the background for color usually.

6. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Yet to be determined.

7. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Has anyone used this as the basis of a modular synth setup? None of the demo’s I’ve heard run it into filters etc.

8. Hmmm that could be interesting... Keeb to see!

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Verdict in: freqin awesome with the band! Totally kills driving a synth setup. I liked it best on subs... Oh so satisfying to have a subharmonic fade in off a note high on the neck.