NPD- DSMnoisemaker SubAtomic X-Over Distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DistortedBass, Jun 27, 2019.

1. DistortedBass

DistortedBass Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Schecter Guitars Endorsee
    Got one of these in and put together a demo and walkthrough video. I tried to use some different sounds from what I had heard so far, so I hope it shows more of the variety it's capable of. I'm really impressed, this thing packs an amazing amount of options and tone sculpting in a package you can put in your pocket!

DosiYanarchy and mdalamond like this.
  2. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    Mine came in yesterday, and I'm very, very impressed. My original purpose for this pedal was to add a little bit of sparkle to my flatwounds; there was still audible dirt even with the gain at zero so it may not suit that purpose, but I want to play around more with the blend to see if that can be managed. The grit it added sounded amazing, so I may just deal with it.

At high gain, it rips. I favor the treble and mid-boost settings over the flat, with the LPF at the 1k setting; with flats I got a nice smooth drive that still sounds like it has plenty of cut.

I only tried it as the first OD in my chain, and I sometimes had trouble running it into my Terraformer and ODB, though I still want to reorder the signal chain and see how it does further down. I didn't get a chance to try it with my Demon (whose spot it was occupying when I tested it) or my Wizard Fuzz (also a new pickup, pictured below).

[​IMG]

DistortedBass likes this.
  3. DistortedBass

DistortedBass Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Schecter Guitars Endorsee
    Congrats on the new toy! I would have to agree with your settings choices. I run mine in a very similar way.

4. I'm loving mine too! There are alot of different flavours in this thing.

DistortedBass likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021