NPD- DSMnoisemaker SubAtomic X-Over Distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DistortedBass, Jun 27, 2019.

1. DistortedBass

DistortedBass Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Got one of these in and put together a demo and walkthrough video. I tried to use some different sounds from what I had heard so far, so I hope it shows more of the variety it's capable of. I'm really impressed, this thing packs an amazing amount of options and tone sculpting in a package you can put in your pocket!

DosiYanarchy and mdalamond like this.
  2. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    Mine came in yesterday, and I'm very, very impressed. My original purpose for this pedal was to add a little bit of sparkle to my flatwounds; there was still audible dirt even with the gain at zero so it may not suit that purpose, but I want to play around more with the blend to see if that can be managed. The grit it added sounded amazing, so I may just deal with it.

At high gain, it rips. I favor the treble and mid-boost settings over the flat, with the LPF at the 1k setting; with flats I got a nice smooth drive that still sounds like it has plenty of cut.

I only tried it as the first OD in my chain, and I sometimes had trouble running it into my Terraformer and ODB, though I still want to reorder the signal chain and see how it does further down. I didn't get a chance to try it with my Demon (whose spot it was occupying when I tested it) or my Wizard Fuzz (also a new pickup, pictured below).

[​IMG]

DistortedBass likes this.
  3. DistortedBass

DistortedBass Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Congrats on the new toy! I would have to agree with your settings choices. I run mine in a very similar way.

4. I'm loving mine too! There are alot of different flavours in this thing.

DistortedBass likes this.