1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD - Fuzzrocious Cat King

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RissKippery, Oct 25, 2018.

1. RissKippery

RissKippery Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2016
    09631335-22AB-4E8B-8BFE-744E96E3D2B5.

Got this today! I was hesitant to pick it up because there aren’t really any good demos that I found. But I rolled the dice and definitely won. Sounds great with my L2000 through my Ampeg BA210v2. Thanks a million to Fiset for the great deal and quick shipping. Looking forward to running it through my big rig at practice next week.

This is also my first TB purchase!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  2. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Nice. I can’t think of any bad pedal deals in the TB classifieds. Everyone there for the most part are great.

BrentSimons and RissKippery like this.
  3. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I wanted that one so friggin bad. Congrats!

4. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    For sure! Looking forward to exchanging gear with everyone!

BrentSimons and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  5. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    Definitely still get one! Highly recommended!

rratajski and BrentSimons like this.
  6. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    So we can do better and encourage our customers to do better, what exactly are you looking for a in demo for the Cat Tail/King?

7. You guys are killing me with all of the Fuzzrocious stuff lately. :) I've never really been that interested in effects but after seeing some of the videos and demos I think I might take the Fuzzrocious plunge! ;) Maybe a Demon with a clean blend? Besides Ryan is on here all of the time. How cool is that? I mean really. :)
    Sorry not derailing!
    Brent

rratajski, RissKippery and gregmon79 like this.
  8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    The Fuzzro Rat/Cat Tail is the bees knees fo realzzz!! I love my ol' RT. You wanna "cut in the mix"? The Fuzzro RT cuts like no other. It's amazing like that. I found it wouldn't fit any bands sound. But man, when it does, it's the tops!

9. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    When it comes to demos, I prefer audio that isn’t recorded on a phone. Using a good mic on a cab or direct recording is better in my opinion. Although when the amp is being played quietly with a mic’d cab, you can sometimes hear the sound of the bass that isn’t being amplified (pick sounds, clicking, fret buzz).

Playing style is also something that is important in demos. No offense to anyone who is creating and posting the demos, but sometimes the playing is poor or in a style that doesn’t necessarily help me get an idea of what the effect would do for me.

Tuning is another factor. Down tuned demos don’t really do much for me. I would imagine that people who tune lower than standard rarely get sufficient demos, so playing in standard, I feel lucky to get lots of demos.

Using a looper and twisting knobs also isn’t ideal. Dynamics don’t always transfer well from a looper.

These critiques aren’t limited to the available Cat King demos. Just some personal preferences. I mean no disrespect to people who don’t do any of these things. I still very much appreciate that people take their time to record a demonstration, often times at no benefit to them. In fact, I’ve been sold on pedals after only hearing phone recordings.

Demo guys and gals, keep it up! You’re the fuel of the music gear economy.

rratajski likes this.
  10. The problem I have with most demos, especially for dirty pedals, is the playing is too clean and isnt the right style. I see so many demos of distortion pedals and the bassists just do typical noodly generic funk ish bass lines, for example. I want to hear aggressive pick style punk/metal/noisy playing, because I imagine most bassists looking for a distortion pedal are playing in that style.

11. jpTron

jpTron

Apr 19, 2010
    NJ
    Nice score! I'm going to pull the trigger on one soon. Just gotta sell this one pedal first...

rratajski and RissKippery like this.
  12. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Good score! I have wanted to love so many Fuzzrocious pedals so many times. But they never worked for me. That said, they are outstanding at what they do!

RissKippery likes this.
  13. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Did that one pedal sell? Did you pick something up?