1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD: FUZZROCIOUS RAT STACHE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NotTylerHendley, Nov 29, 2017.

1. NotTylerHendley

NotTylerHendley

Nov 21, 2011
    Thanks to fabulous TB'er metalinthenight, I am now the proud owner of a custom Rat Stache. First thing's first, check out him and his band (Junior Astronomers) for killer tunes.

NOW
    I got this big guy in order to inject some different flavor (or flavour, depending on where you're reading this) into my sound. For the past few months I've run simply just a P bass through the Fuzzrocious LunaReclipse for a boost, Grey Stache for fuzz, and into a Tronographic Rusty Box as my main preamp. This setup is phenomenal and by no means will you see the Rusty Box go up here in the classifieds. However for touring purposes bringing along a second power supply of a different current presented problems for me: I'm a forgetful, cluttered mess.

Cut to emailing Ryan at Fuzzrocious about what I was looking for (Shellac, The Jesus Lizard type sound) and he suggested either the Cat Tail or Cat King to me for those tones. I cannot say enough good things about this family and their products by the way.

Lo and behold, I see this bad daddy up for grabs here. Can't imagine my excitement having a Rat Tail AND a Grey Stache in one box.

So blah blah blah, how does it sound: the RT (CT) is the only thing new to me in this scenario, so I'll focus on that. You can tune it to make it as cutting and thorny as you wish, or as balls-out, meaty, and downright RUDE as you could ever plug your ears to prepare for.

If you dare kick on the second distortion and the GS at the same time, your body will be filled with all the doom and gloom goodness that these winter months bring out in so many.

Much love to Ryan and his family and thanks again, Colin!

71DE67E6-A7C2-467C-A6D8-4055BB12119C.JPG

2. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    Very cool. I was looking at that Rat/Stache in the classifieds for days and came close to pulling the trigger a few times. But since I have a Stache already on order, I held back (glad someone finally picked it up so the temptation could be removed!). I'm currently running a Demon and LunaReclipse in my setup and can't wait to add the Stache. And while I've never been a huge rat guy, I have a feeling a Cat Tail will be ordered soon. Fuzzrocious pedals just fit so well into my setup. And I second your comments about the family and their products. Quality people making quality products will get my business all day long.

rratajski likes this.
  3. NotTylerHendley

NotTylerHendley

Nov 21, 2011
    I enjoyed the GS so much that when this one was posted I thought "OH. Well failing the RT side, I still have a great fuzz to color"

rratajski likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021