NPD - hiero effects BEAD fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by theunknowndude, Apr 15, 2018.

1. 0715D674-8A30-45B3-9CFE-D05012A7A5FD.jpeg Hi all well it came in and I have to say I think my fuzz needs have finally been met... always wanted something that would give me low end, sound good with a wah and yet not be too overbearing. I thought the 3 leaf doom was it but it had a sound to it that didn’t work in a metal band scape that you just couldn’t dial out.. always wanted to try a brassmaster clone and well this is it!

First up it’s tiny! Smaller than a boss pedal and in top jacks. The demo by Patrick hunter does a good scope of it’s sounds but I only play finger style so it was slightly different but still the brassmaster sound. I love that it has a lows/mids boost toggle and a harmonics toggle plus blend. You can get it to sound just barely there octave up for a bit of effect or you can dial all in snarled synthy saturation. Sounds so good through the crybaby mini wah. Only tested through headphones but have band practice on Tuesday and so can’t wait!

Looks like I’ll be selling the Broughton bass box and a few others now my fuzz adventure is done!

2. Randomly found a new YouTube video

Does a better job at showing all the settings and Lower gain stuff I think!

TheLopp, filler83 and FilterFunk like this.
  3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    That sure put the GAS into overdrive.

gregmon79, lekxs and theunknowndude like this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I am not hating that at all.

theunknowndude likes this.
  5. My only issue is do I use it as a octave up fuzz, or just all out wall of sound with the boost switch... hmmm decisions decisions...

TheEmptyCell likes this.
  6. Somebody from here suggested this pedal to me since I'm looking for a sputtery nasty fuzz. This thing sounds huge and seem to offer so many options. Not too pricey and... top mounted jacks! I dont mind havin a little bit more space on my Nano pedalboard.

theunknowndude likes this.
  7. As well as top mounted it’s still tiny, halfway between a nano pedal and a boss size enclosure I’d say!

CunniMingus likes this.
  8. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    The box is a 125b size, which has a similar footprint to a Boss pedal, but having all top jacks seriously saves space. This pedal is probably narrower than a Nano (1590a box) pedal using even the flattest of pancake connectors or EBS flat cables.

CunniMingus likes this.
  9. lekxs

lekxs

Apr 28, 2018
    This is the similar to mxr size actually ) IMG_20180530_172319.jpg

10. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh I likey. May have to check this one out.

11. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Fuzz is one of those effects that I love, but never use. If I get some disposable income and decide to get a fuzz simply for my own amusement, I think this will be the one. It brings the THUNDER!!!

theunknowndude and lekxs like this.
  12. I’m really liking the boost mode... bridges the gap of the octave up to an all out fuzz tone. Makes playing in low B so heavy!!

13. I talked to the guy but I decided to get a Diabolik for now due to shipping method/costs and because it's a little bit cheaper to get. If it doesn't work for me I'll get this one later. Thanks for the suggestion and don't forget to report back when you get it.

14. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I needs this

theunknowndude and lekxs like this.
  15. I was wondering if he would ever review! By yep, ‘tis awesome!

gregmon79 likes this.
  16. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    Is it silicon based?

17. I’m assuming would have to ask the guy who makes it for sure but it definitely sounds silicon based... I’ll see if he replies.

18. Alex just confirmed it is silicon
    Cheers

19. willsellout

willsellout I apologize in advance. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Bump. Thinking about picking this one up. Any other adopters want to chime in for this one? I love the Brassmaster sound so this should be a no brainer. I'll be using it in a 3 piece stoner rock band. Cheers!

theunknowndude and Adienn7 like this.
  20. I know you were looking for a different opinion but I went on a fuzz journey again looking for something like a green Russian muff or similar or checking out gates fuzzes in regards to where I could use a fuzz for articulate metal... and kept coming back to what I already have.
    Using the clean blend and putting at low settings can still get that cutting fuzz the pedal does so well but also stop the “squelch” of decay it can have. A V2 with more control of the gate is still on my GAS list now though...

TheLopp and willsellout like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022