NPD: Hotone Ampero One, Nice Multi Effect (Any Tip to Get Royal Blood Sound?)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tyohars, Mar 3, 2022.

1. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    All of my stomp boxes got sold recently (no more MXR bass chorus, OC-2, Sub n Up, Darkglass compressor, bass overdrive, JHS fuzz, Small Clone, Flashback, HOF, Blues Driver, etc) because my wife is pregnant and I need some money. With this pandemic and no band, I don't need that luxury. But, I want to replace it with a decent affordable multi effect for bass and guitar (I play both) just in case someone need a bass/guitar player on their band. After searching for a while, I finally bought Hotone Ampero One. It came a few hours ago but I already tried some preset. I like what I heard (even love some). Going to create my own preset this weekend. It's like a poor HX Stomp imho. You can move the pedal order as you like and you can have two dirt pedal there, but you can't split signal. The dirt sounds good for guitar, so so on bass. But the fuzz isn't so good. There are some bass specific amp/cab/pedal. The envelope filter not so good on bass, but the wah did satisfy me. I like the octaver too, it's not great but quite functional. This is my first take for the pedal, 8/10. One thing I tried and not so successful yet are creating preset to get Royal Blood sound. I think it's impossible without signal split to get to their sound. Or, any advice?

2. tyohars

tyohars

Nov 11, 2016
    IMG_20220303_161826.jpg