NPD - Ibanez CSMINI Chorus Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Aug 23, 2017.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    Accidentally posted this in pickups and electronics.

I've wanted an Ibanez CS-9 for over a year now and got tired of looking for one used so I went to my local music store and bought this mini one. Great pedal! It's a clear, articulate, and warm chorus. Very verstaile IMO. Took it to a jam with a drummer and a rehearsal with a band (just passive Hwy1 Pbass --> Tuner --> CSMINI --> PA). It sounds fantastic.

The construction is pretty solid. One big Speed knob, a small depth knob, and a small level knob which is pretty much just a blend knob. The smaller knobs are a little loose so hopefully that's not a problem but hey, it's the sound I've had in my head whenever I think of chorus bass.

The settings I found to be perfect:
    Speed - 10am
    Depth - 3pm
    Level - 2pm

Takes a standard 9v adapter negative center and positive sleeve.

Overall, I would say it's a really good pedal. It seems to nail that Duff sound and it can do a lot more. The actual chorus sound does seem to get lost in the mix if there's a lot of stuff going on already but that's the nature of this effect. I'm just using it to fill out the sound when there is space to fill. I'll report back once I've tried it through a proper amplifier.

Attached Files:

tfer and bassbrad like this.
  2. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Cool, intrigued!

3. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    A little demo I made of this pedal. If you have any feedback for things you'd like to hear in pedal demos, feel free to let me know.

maverick49 and JohnPativens like this.
  4. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    Have you ever tried the MXR Micro Chorus? Can you compare them?

jamersonburton likes this.
  5. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    Never played the micro chorus but there was a big volume jump on the demo's that I listened to which is one of the reasons I went for the Ibanez

6. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    I have one, the volume bump is minimal, I can't even notice it at gig volume.
    Its main issue is that it reverses signal phase, which makes it unblendable with most of the other pedals. That's why I'm interested in the Ibanez Mini, they seem to have a similar tone.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    jamersonburton likes this.
  7. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

JohnPativens likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021