NPD - Paging MB Compressore users

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chuxxx, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Hi there TB! After doing some research here and there (lots of info to digest) recently bought a Markbass Compressore pedal. It's my first compressor pedal so i'm at the beginning of the learning curve and testing all possible presets...got any tips? don't know where to place it in my signal chain also, currently using Squier CV P--->Behringer preamp, OCD, Boss ODB3, Boss CEB-3--->Peavey Tour 450.

IMG_20161017_171550.jpg

2. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Feets don't fail me now!

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Put it first in the chain. Turn it off when you use the OCD (which has compression already just based on what it is). The knobs on this one have a lot more range than the majority of comps. Gain and Volume are dependent on your instrument, the gain is also used in combination with threshold and ratio to control the action of comp (the light will guide you). The ratio is the amount of squash. The speed of the attack and release are personal preferences... mess with it to see what sounds good with your playing style.

Chuxxx likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021