NPD - Pigtronix Infinity Looper

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lia_G, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I'm putting together a rig for a solo project, consisting of my Roland GR-55, the Pigtronix Looper, a TC Helicon Voicelive 3 vocal harmony / effects unit, and a Beatbuddy pedal-format drum machine.

I found a great deal on Reverb for a like-new, light studio use only, Infinity plus auxiliary pedal ($350 shipped for the pair), and it arrived today. I just spent my first few minutes with it, and I really like it so far. I just gave it a basic run-through, recording a couple of loops and overdubs, plus having great fun with the 'reverse' function. It's very solidly built, functions perfectly, and the controls and operations are pretty intuitive for not-very-experienced-with-loopers me.

One of the reasons I chose this one was the midi-sync, which I'm expecting to mesh well with the Beatbuddy. It will be a bit longer before I can check that out, though.

Another big reason is that in watching the videos for the popular advanced loopers, this was the one that made the most sense to me.

I'll be diving into more advanced use as the days roll by. Happy to have it, and more thanpleased so far.

revroy, scotch, Veldar and 2 others like this.
  2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Beat Buddy and the Infinity work beautifully together.

Lia_G and Mosfed like this.
  3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    @Adamixoye turned me onto the combo and it's been the best thing ever for my practicing.

Way back in the day, I used a Boss Rc-2 for practice and loved that it had beats plus sync'd loops to those beats. And since then I always tried to recreate that setup but with better drum sounds, more flexibility, more loops etc.

The Pigtronix/Beat Buddy combo is that Rc-2-on-steroids setup I had been searching for.

Lia_G and Adamixoye like this.
  4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Awesome, thanks you two. Great to hear real world experience with the pairing.

I love the Beatbuddy for many reasons. One of them is the ability to create custom drum kits. A lot of the sounds I hear in my head for this project will use kits based around tabla, dumbek, maybe some timpani, etc. I love that I can create and swap the kits in and out.

5. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Tonight, I hooked up my Roland GR-55 in front of the looper, and played my fretless through it. I'm loving this - tons of potential. I need the Beatbuddy soon, as I am really feeling the need for that rhythmic foundation. So far, though, 2 for 2 with the GR and the Infinity!

6. Djadja

Djadja Supporting Member

Lia_G, I'm toying with the idea of what might be a similar solo project... how is yours going and is the hardware doing what you'd hoped?

7. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Lia_G knows how I feel about the BeatBuddy ;-) but she gets a pass because we're friends! Music is for people!!!!!!! Not robots!!!! :p

Is the Infinity intuitive to use? Seems powerful, but possibly has a learning curve...

8. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    As a basic looper it's super simple right out of the box---and, IMO, easier than something that requires double taps for certain functions. There is some learning curve for the more complex stuff, but it's doable.

Also, the Beat Buddy is probably the least robotic robotic drummer in existence, but that's another story. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Marial, pbass6811 and scotch like this.
  9. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Skjold Artist
    Hello I am late to this conversation, but I am wondering if the OP has any videos to share. I am always on the lookout to see bassists doing solo projects. If you have any links can you post them or PM them? Thanks!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022