1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD Red Witch Zeus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nighttrain1127, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Picked this up a bit earlier this week . Have had some time to play with it and here are my thoughts.
    The octave tracks well even the B on my 5 string sounds decent but not perfect. And the octave mix works well overall a very good and useful Octave.
    The fuzz can go from mild to Crazy and when you mix in the sputter hang on it is going to be a wild ride. It also has a high gain switch and a high boost. The High gain is useful to me but the Bright switch is too much for me. without the brite switch on it works fine . I have not felt the need to cut the Highs but I keep the tweeter on my cab turned way down anyway. YMMV and just IMHO

Anyone else have one of these that wants to share their opinions or settings? Or if you had one or used one and have something to say about it feel free.

2. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    Great to see you are buying NZ made!

3. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Employee
    I don't have one but I absolutely love the demo's of it and desperately want one.

4. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Had no idea it was NZ Made but as far as I am concerned where it is made makes no difference as long as it works and sounds good and this does both. The demos do not do it justice really.

5. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Had a bunch more time with this . If you set the trim post so both the octave and fuzz are the same level this thing sounds amazing.

6. I'll have to dig mine out again.

7. I love mine. There's a real sweet spot playing with the fuzz sputter control on the octave down which creates the most gnarly, bone crunching, funky gated fuzz. The demo shows it well... I love the look on Ben's face when that octave drops