NPD Samsung Galaxy S8

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bholder, Oct 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Haven't upgraded in 5+ years still running my old Motorolo Droid Razr MAXX HD. Hope it isn't too rough a migration...

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Just got one recently. I love it. You'll be fine.

bholder likes this.
  3. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The volume on all Android phones will change the ring tone volume by default, which is always annoying because you'll click on some kind of audio or video and wanna lower or raise the volume real quick but the buttons will change the ringtone volume first. This locks it to only change media volume.

5. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ah. Good tip.

I know what you mean now. But I have found that once the media starts to play I can adjust the volume just fine. But until the media actually starts to play, the volume buttons only control ring tone. It hasn't been inconvenient to me yet.

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Yah it'll adjust media once it actually starts. But if it was on full blast it'll start at full blast until you lower it. I like it because I've only ever used just vibrate as my ring tone since I first had a cell phone, so adjusting ringer volume is useless to me.

bholder and two fingers like this.
  7. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The Galaxy is great but I don't really like the bezel-less trend that every new phone has to have. The chubby meaty part of my hand always touches the edge of the screen the way I hold it and interferes if I'm touching another part of the screen.

MJ5150 and OldDog52 like this.
  9. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Yeah I'm a believer in using vibrate only when out and about around others. I sure as (bleep) don't want to hear their ring tones, so I try not to inflect mine on anyone else...

OldDog52 likes this.
  10. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    I went from a 4-plus year iPhone 5S to a Samsung Galaxy S8+; from that stand-point it was a learning curve and had to locate a good file transfer program that worked well.

Not sure about what you will encounter from what you will be coming from, but after you get to play with it awhile it has a lot more options, settings, and useful tools than iPhone. For now I am back to being a Droid lover; iPhone hasn't come out with anything new since I don't know when. Please don't say face recognition since my S8+ already has that and came out months before 8 and X.

11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Has anyone had burn in with always on display? I have a note 5 where it's not built in like it has been from the s7 on but there's a well reviewed app that does the same thing.