NPD: Saturnworks active splitter with boosts

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Seashore, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Seashore

Seashore

Jun 2, 2019
    I run parallel chains into both channels of an old Traynor tube head, which lets me blend a scooped compressed sound (via an Emma Transmorgrifier) with a gritty, mid-focused distorted sound (via an MXR Distortion III) and have different special effects on either side. I just bought the bass version of Saturnworks' active splitter with clean boosts to replace my old Morley ABY, and the difference is remarkable. I didn't mind the Morley box, but the tone through the active splitter is more detailed and natural. Single notes sound more throaty and chords are better defined. It's a subtle thing, but it makes a big difference in feel when I'm not fighting my setup.

The clean boosts are icing on the cake -- I can dial back the signal going into the Emma compressor, which doesn't have an input level or threshold control, and juice the distortion side a little bit for a smoother sound (this has the added benefit of giving that channel a little more gas when the distortion is off, which helps bring my "clean" sound more in line with the "dirty" tone I use most of the time). It's the perfect solution to an idiosyncratic little problem, and I could see a few other applications for it with the rest of my gear.

Also very pleased with Saturnworks -- quick and helpful responses to my questions, and the pedal showed up less than a week after I placed the order. Three cheers.
    20190729_113158_HDR.jpg

JimmyM and bassbrad like this.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Bryan at Saturnworks is the shizz! I asked him if he could make me an active summing box with no knobs and unity gain so I could plug in my upright and electric into different effect circuits, then sum them out to one line for DI and amp, and he gave me a great price and had it done and to my house within a couple weeks!

Seashore likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021