1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD x 2! EHX Bass Clone and TC SubNup!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gustopher, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Gustopher

Gustopher

Jul 30, 2018
    SWVA
    Really excited to put these on the board and try them tonight! Slowly working on building a solid pedal board that only has exactly what I need and use, I hope both of these find a permanent place for me! I’ll add a review once I’ve had time to really put them through their paces.
    3B88B0D4-4AD3-4B6D-8115-B28543FF076F.jpeg

2. I really love the Bass Clone. I’m sure you’ll love it too!

Gustopher likes this.
  3. Gustopher

Gustopher

Jul 30, 2018
    SWVA
    Back with a short review of each new pedal.
    I fell in love with the Bass Clone immediately. It is exactly the kind of chorus I have been looking for and I love the crossover and really notice no loss of low end when using the pedal with it on. I am able to even boost my lows a touch and it really fills out the sound nicely.
    The Sub-n-UP is a nice pedal, didn't love the stock toneprint, but found one that sort of mimics an organ and really like that. I like the POLY sound a lot, it tracks well (I'm no speed demon) and has a nice tone that I like. If I run it with only the upper octave with no dry or suboctave tones it sound pretty bad, but it mixes well. It sounds great with a little fuzz too. Not a bad pedal, I enjoy the tone prints and will be using it with my guitar as well.

4. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Good to know. I have yet to mess around with any of the Toneprint options or even open the editor yet, but I think the time is nigh since you mentioned that organ thing.

As for the Bass Clone, it IS a swell pedal! The crossover option is certainly nice, but I often tend to use it flipped off a lot. It's just a great pedal overall.

Enjoy your fun new acquisitions :)