1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NPD x2- aka- pedals are addicting...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by krfoss, Dec 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    In 6 months, I've gone from no pedals to a bunch of pedals. My new toys are a radial bassbone od and an empress compressor. I've wanted a decent compressor and found this at a decent price, so we'll see if I can find a sound that'll work. The bassbone is fantastic given I've been looking for a splitter box, then found this at a steal. Now I need to figure out the best orientation, but that's part of the fun!

Does anyone who's had experience with the bassbone have advice on placement of the pedals (loop vs post output)? Thanks!!

Attached Files:

BrentSimons likes this.
  2. The Empress is one of the best comps out there, and a great one to learn on thanks to the excellent metering. Fantastic choice.

I'll also note that the MXR BOD just might be my fave octave pedal of all time. Tracks like a beast, and sounds amazing live. Wish I had one back.

krfoss likes this.
  3. Where are you running the filter and octaver in your chain?

What else is in your chain that's not in the picture?

How are you going to be using the compressor, always on or just for peak limiting while slapping or ... ?

I'd run it thusly:
    Bass > Octaver > Filter > Compressor > Radial
    OR
    Bass > Radial > Radial FX Loop out > Oct > Filter > Comp > Radial FX loop in > Amp

If you want your "bass-sound-with-compressor" to go to FOH, stick the compressor before the Radial or in the Radial's loop. Your sound guy might want an uncompressed dry signal from you...

Not enough info, so many variables to consider...

4. krfoss

krfoss Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    First off, what is FOH?

My question about the loop is whether the pedals sound better (subjective, I know) through the loop or after the radial. Furthermore, if there is any specific or objective advantage to using the loop other than they would be included in the sound of both inputs if using the DI?

I'm using the compressor for fattening and sustain (optimally). Other pedals include octave, envelope, chorus, and fuzz. May not connect fuzz since radial as overdrive.

I hope this clarifies.