NPD x2: EQD Cloven Hoof and Arrows

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AaronVonRock, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    I bought these two pedals used on Ebay. After playing them at last band practice, they are both staying on the board for the time being.

The Cloven Hoof sounds fantastic. Retains all of the low end with high gain, high mids fuzz. Really slices through the mix and destroys with the low rumble. Arrows is one of those MSG magic sauce pedals, makes everything else sound a little better, louder, and clearer.

I have yet to find an EQD pedal that I haven't liked.

IMG_0963.JPG

2. Hey, it’s been a while, but I am considering buying an Arrows clone. Do you still like that booster?

3. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    Yes, I do still like Arrows. It's funny to see this photo from 2017 as my pedal board doesn't look like that anymore. I'm not using Arrows in my current band but still have it and don't see getting rid of it. I'm sure I'll wind up using it again some day.

Still using the same tuner and DOD 250, though.

Ju Va likes this.
  4. Haha. Doesn't it suck low end?

5. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    Not to my ears. It does boost the high end a bit, though. I found it worked well cleaning up any mud that fuzz pedals may cause.

In some ways, it's like the DOD 250 to me in that it plays nice with most pedals and makes everything sound a little bit better.

6. I would like to use it to push my tube pre into overdrive. Do you think it would work? Does it provide enought dB?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022