NPGD - Quick Guard content - Classic Stingray daring to be different

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greg75, Mar 28, 2021.

1. That's freakin' awesome

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Does it come in black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Come on man...TORT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm scared

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Carrots (whatever that means)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Other/see reply

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Greg75

Greg75 Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Texas
    I consider myself lucky to have been able to get my Deluxe Classic Stingray 4 before they were released in 2009. I was browsing around and saw a teaser posted on the EBMM Forum showing the 5 original basses before the launch. One of them--a one-off--was in my favorite combination of Trans-White/Blonde over ash with a rosewood board, and had a spectacular flamed maple neck. I called and PM'd immediately and incessantly to get it--would have begged if that had been necessary. The bass has been everything I could have hoped for and much more, as I enjoy it at least as much now as the I did when I got it.

When it arrived in early-November 2009, the folks at EBMM generously included both black gloss and tort pickguards for me, which I really appreciated since I like to change things up without actually modding. Later, I purchased a black bakelite guard to go along with those--all classic looks.

About a month ago, though, I saw some posts with really attractive and unusual pickguards that mentioned Mike Quick (Quick Guards). Of course, I looked over his site and reached out to him. I asked Mike for his input on changing things up--aiming for a look on the wilder, more fun side of cool.

The "Snow Leopard" guard (Mike lists it as silver sparkle leopard, I believe) that I got from Mike is funky cool and beautifully made. I definitely recommend Mike's work. He is a first-rate pro and a great person to deal with.

Let me know what you think.

Some pics, since this did happen:
    20210325_180937~3.jpeg 20210325_181417~2.jpeg 20210325_181426~2.jpeg 20210325_232257~2.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Tbone76, lowdownthump and nateh415 like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022