1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NRD: Aguilar!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jay Mastro, May 9, 2015.

1. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    Hello TB, today I recieved my cabinet which completes my first rig! I will eventually add a second cab but for now here it is, my Aguilar TH500 and my Boss Tweed DB210! :bassist:

20150509_124803_zpsdwhvji0z.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    Also, you guys could've guessed this thing is amazing and I couldn't be more satisfied. Somebody once said that the TH500's sound was like "meat and potatoes" and I couldn't agree more, warm, rich, and hearty! Will probably post sound clips for fun eventually!

3. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    my exact same rig!!

enjoy!!

Jay Mastro likes this.
  4. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Great rig. :)

5. basscow

basscow

Apr 19, 2011
    Good man. :thumbsup:

6. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Nice! I'm curious how it compares to the Fusion. Enjoy!

Jay Mastro likes this.
  7. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    Nice rig and wise choice, my son. I thoroughly enjoy my Aguilar gear. Just remember that when you get that second DB210 to stack both cabinets vertically in a tall skinny stack (at least in any pics you post). You don't want the speaker police to derail an otherwise pleasant and upbeat thread. ;)

M. M. :)

johnpbass, Jay Mastro and Fred312b like this.
  8. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    The best 210 cab I have ever had.

Jay Mastro likes this.
  9. Yes, stacking 2x10 cabs really does sound great. I did that with my GS 210's - so from bottom to top all 4 of the 10's were in one straight line. It was an a-ha moment for me.

Jay Mastro likes this.
  10. MattyH

MattyH

Jul 20, 2010
    Long Island
    I think I'm getting my TH500 Tuesday. And I'll be adding 2 DB112s. I LOVE coming on here and seeing everyone say that the Aguilar gear is the best. It makes me that much more excited to finally have it. Just saying you're more than satisfied makes me look forward to it more. The GAS is real. And you've made it worse. Anyway, enjoy it man. I'm super jealous! (For now... Haha).

11. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    Thanks man, the TH500 is an amazing head, I use it as a DI as well and the thing is just great. After finally getting the cab I realized that I am completely sold on Aguilar and am willing to buy anything they sell at this point ha. The GAS was real with me as well, I'm dying for a second 210 now, the one is definitely enough for now but man.. I just need another! Good luck acquiring your rig my friend, believe me, you will love it!

Michael4bass and blindrabbit like this.
  12. HMZ

HMZ

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I have an Aguilar AG500 and just ordered two SL112 cabs. Should have them for the weekend. Can't wait!

13. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Great setup! I dig the look of that Boss Tweed cab.

Jay Mastro likes this.
  14. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    Thanks man, me too, when I get my second one I might try to get a different color one, I've yet to see a stack of two of the same cabs but different colors so I figured I'd go for it, maybe throw a chocolate thunder 210 between the TH500 and the tweed

15. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    I'd stick with the boss tweed.

johnpbass likes this.
  16. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    I'd stay with the boss tweed since you've already got the one in that color. I remember someone here on TB had a TH500 with 2 DB212s in Boss Tweed and it looked super cool.

17. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie The winged monkeys showed up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    HELL
  18. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have 2 DB 112s and together they are syrupy smooth and rich. You're gonna love em if you get them.

19. Jay Mastro

Jay Mastro

Jun 23, 2014
    New York
    The only pickle I am in with this is that this is a 4 ohm cab, I knew that I could eventually swap out the speakers for 8ohm but as I scour other threads I know realize that you cannot buy the exact speakers that come in the Aguilar cabs on their own. Any suggestions? Was anybody in a similar situation? I didn't think this would be an issue for a while but I'm really GASing for a second one and obviously I will have to address this issue first, any help appreciated

20. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Ya, if it's a 4 ohm cab then you can't run another cab with your TH500. IIRC, you can get Aguilar speakers from their "Store" on the Aguilar website.