1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NRD - Ampeg + Warwick + Acoustic Content, Earplugs needed!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kbakerde, Apr 2, 2015.

1. kbakerde

kbakerde

Jan 24, 2012
    New Rig Day!!!!!!

Warwick WCA 611 Pro cabinet. I like this a lot better than the 410HLF that came with my SVT. It isn't really any louder than the Ampeg. Honestly the Ampeg might be naturally louder, but it is so much boomier. The Warwick is much tighter and controlled in the low end. It's HEAVY!!!!! But since it's taller it's nice to roll. Down the road, I will duratex and tank the rat fur. I will also add some slide rails on the back, and some rubber feet to the bottom it doesn't have now.

Ampeg Heritage SVT - I've had it, I just love showing it off SUCK IT haha. In seriousness, when demoing the Warwick, I brought my head, but I used the regular SVT-CL the guy owned. I actually found that Heritage sounded quite different. Not nearly as much gain in the pre-amp, maybe not quite as loud as the Heritage.

Acoustic 270 - Got it on a great deal. Ironically I got this for times when the Ampeg is a bit too much. It's not quite as powerful, and sounds good at lower volumes. It also works good with 8 Ohm cabs, so I can use this on a shared cabinet night. That said, into the 4 Ohm warwick it's can get really freakin loud. I like the sound better than my old 370 I no longer have (and spent a lot more money on).

I am a very happy player.

6E126AE1-5496-4470-BEC2-2AAABDBEB9D0_zpsfdm31azj.

20EE0321-CFE5-4C49-B62D-5CAA83C926EE_zpsottjnu69.

5E83974F-4D7D-485B-8E13-620A577D2B33_zpsb6ma9dts.

monsterthompson likes this.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Wow does that Warwick look like the 610hlf!

kbakerde likes this.
  3. kbakerde

kbakerde

Jan 24, 2012
    Very very similar. It even has the angled back with tilt back casters and the towel bar.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, if I didn't know better I'd think...eh, who am I kidding? Warwick stealing other people's ideas? Never ;)