1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NRD (Or: How I tried to spend a little and ended up loving the LDS)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AngusHasMoxie, Mar 31, 2013.

1. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    Formerly endorsed by Carvin, Basson and Dimarzio
    [​IMG]

So, I was building up a cheap, value-driven bass rig, as I'm new in Nashville, on a fixed income currently, and am not sure if I can stay for the long run. So I dug up my old Sansamp BDDI, and then came across a Carvin DCM1000 on the local CList for cheap.

And then, I started a bunch of threads about cheap cabs. I really didn't want to spend a lot of cash. But then this LDS cab popped up for sale about 20 miles from me on here. And the G.A.S. hit me harder than it had in three years.

So how does it sound? Amazing. I've never felt so comfortable in the mix. It just blends right in, not overpowering, not under, just right where bass should be. In your gut.

The cab is by far the best one I've ever played. It's based on a barefaced design, with two 12" kappaliteXL for that extra low end punch. This is also my first non 10" cab, and it kicks the pants out of my old Goli III, my B410 neo, heck, even my old fridge in terms of crystal clear, warm sound.

Thanks to Guy N. Cognito, and Don for putting together a wonderful cab, I think I will have this cab for a very long time!

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If that's guy's cab I think it has kappalites and a 6nd410.

3. AngusHasMoxie

AngusHasMoxie Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Easthampton, MA
    Formerly endorsed by Carvin, Basson and Dimarzio
    Yup! My mistake, fixed.