NS-2 effect loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steak'n'roll, Dec 13, 2005.

1. I've read a couple of things about it but I am still wondering if the loop is kinda bypassed when no effect is engaged? I am asking because I might use it instead of a looper. Would it be right?

Thank you!
  2. from what i've read in the manual, you are correct, pressing down on the pedal will bypass the loop. I don't have one so i don't know for sure, i know Joe P has one...
  3. IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    And you can't use it as a looper. The effects loop is so that the FX noise is detected separatly from the guitar. It's way more efficient that way, cus it brings the FX noise down to the level of the bass automatically. Then the threshold is based on the guitar noise "level". There is a "Mute/Reduction" switch that changes the on/off behavier from off=reduction/on=mute to off=off/on=reduction.

It's an excelent noise suppressor, but thats it, sorry :(
  4. so, what happens when you press down the stomp switch?
  5. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    It's selectable: You can either have it stomp between mute/supress or not-supress/supress (I use the mute whenever I unplug the bass).

You can't use it to bypass the loop. You'd want their LS-2 for that - it's a very versatile and powerful 2-loop selector/mixer.

I wouldn't want to be without my NS-2 now - and I'm not just speaking of my, high-gain, over-the-top distortion/synth sound (which is completely un-useable without the NS-2); I mean even running clean (I always use lots of compression and gain, though), there's a certain authority added to my playing when there's complete silence between notes and phrases!

Of course, it doesn't make much difference when the gee-tarist's amp sounds like Niagra falls all the time!