Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NS Cleveland owners NY to DC

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Tom Baldwin, Apr 4, 2005.

1. I posted in the "Are they that Good" thread but got little response. I am looking to try out a Cleveland laminate. Any proud owners in NYC, DC, or points in between who would be interested in showing off their prized possession, please reply and/or PM me. I'd even go as far North as Boston. I am going to NY this weekend (9th-10th). Was hoping to get up to Arnold's shop but he will be out of town.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I don't have an NS, but I'm doing a brunch gig that Sunday morning in Brooklyn with George Schuller and a guitarist that you wouldn't know. Stop by, eat some soul-grub and play a few.

3. Thanks for the invite! I haven't figured out my plans yet, but I'd love to be able to work that in.

4. As I reread the comparisons of the two models, it looks like the La Scala might be more what I'm looking for - more direct with a lot of growl, and less puffy. I already have a 7/8 carved bass with a bit of an "old school" vibe, so what I'm most interested in is a bass that I can use in more modern settings. For example, to blend better with electric piano sounds, and to amplify well for loud volumes and outdoor gigs. For these reasons I am not too concerned with getting a lot of acoustic volume, and I would guess that the laminate version would be easier to amplify.

Anybody got one that would be kind enough to let me check out?

Thanks again.

5. brutuscheezcake

brutuscheezcake Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Bodega Bay
    hey there T-Bal,

have you tried talking to Wil de Sola? he might be able to hook you up with an owner in the vacinity.

simon

6. T-Bal,
    I'm just south of D.C. in Richmond VA. If you could put an hour down and one back, just give a shout and you'd be more than welcome to play my NS Cleveland.
    Jim

7. Thanks, Jim. You've got PM.