1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NS CR4 Fretless issue?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turbo2256b, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Jan 4, 2011
    Not sure this is the correct forum for this but a place to start.
    Just purchased this bass new. It starts to stutter like a machine gun with no hands on the strings or muting them. Happens most often if the balance between the pickups and/or bass tone controls are turned completely in either direction.

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    Does it increase in volume if you pickup the bass and move around and change direction?

3. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Jan 4, 2011
    Fooling with it just a bit ago. turned the EMG pickups full on with the blend pot. Seems like it is worst with the bass pot full on bass boost position. Dosent seem to happen in the higher notes just the first few frets from the nut. turning the blend pot to about half position which engages the pizzo lessens it a bit turning down the bass boost seems to help a bit more. It still starts to do it playing u near the nut after a bit sounds like echo or reverb and remove hands from strings notice its stuttering again mute all the strings dosent stop it. Turning the blend pot more towards full pizzo position it seems to go away.
    Later plan to full around with full pizo position.
    In jeneral the more bass tone added by the bass or amp makes it worse. Volume seems to have an effect also louder seems to make it worse

4. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music.

May 3, 2009
    N.E Illinois
    I was thinking that it may be RF interference,but you are describing something else.
    Got a warranty?
    Did you buy online?Or a "brick and mortar"?

5. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Jan 4, 2011
    Musicians friend just received it Monday. Checked the batteries their close to 12 volts each.

6. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Jan 4, 2011
    Finally got the tag to send it back new one to be shipped to me around the 27

7. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Jan 4, 2011
    Around Monday got info from Musicians Friend they would be shipping me a new bass to replace the dud. I called and ask if they could hold it and ship on Friday. they agreed to. But they sold it to someone else now I would have to wait until sometime next month. I dont dream often but a dream awoke me that I recieved the bass but every time I got up to play the thing couldnt help remember how I was treated by them and couldnt get into playing the bass with this going through my mind. Have been thinking about it all day even thoughts of selling off all my basses and equipment or canceling the order. I have sold a lot of things over the years but never sold some thing out from under a person that had already paid or even to some one that offered more before the fist buyer showed up. Thinking of canceling and never doing business with such a company again.

8. turbo2256b

turbo2256b

Jan 4, 2011
    Since i delayed the delivery just before Xmass i was going to be out of town so asked to ship Friday was to be Monday before xmass . They apparently sold it and got back with me and shipped back the same bass that was a dud a week or so later. ended up canceling the purchase and set back the bass i had sent back before.