1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD NS CR5M Electric Upright Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by matthewbrown, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Price:
    $1900.00
    Strings:
    This bass is in great condition; I've found only a couple of small dings on the back of the neck. I got it in a swap, and it sounds great -- lots of great tones here. It's become clear that I will not be giving it as much use as it deserves, however. For a great description of this instrument, visit gollihur.com -- all the specs are there, too. You can also search youtube and hear many sound samples. There's a nice one called "Anthony Cooperwood -- Cirque du Soleil -- NS bass" -- if I were aiming to audition for CdS, I would definitely want to keep this bass!
    This seems to be a preferred touring bass for many players, and I can see why, especially if you're playing in a pit group. Comes with two stands (one more heavy-duty) and a heavy-duty bag. Also, this version includes a toggle switch for the pups, not a pan control. Currently strung E-C with DB strings, unknown brand. nsd6.JPG nsd9.JPG

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    DrZ, nbsipics, pogue49 and 2 others like this.
  2. Uncorked

Uncorked

Feb 16, 2012
    Colorado
    Possible trades?

3. Sorry, just for sale.

4. CryingBass

CryingBass Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I am pretty sure I saw Eberhard Weber playing one of these a couple of times, I got hooked, and bought this same base ( from Electric Violin Shop ). I love playing it and at that price it should make an excellent addition to some lucky TB'ers stable. GLWTS

matthewbrown likes this.
  5. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I've got one of these and really like it!

Just as an FYI...the fretboard is the exact same as the 4 string version.. So the strings are a bit closer together on the 5 string version.

Just something I had to get used to... But once I did.... It's easy to play!

nbsipics and matthewbrown like this.
  6. kho

kho Gold Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Maryland
    Pm sent!

nbsipics likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022