1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD NS Design (NSD) CR4M

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by jharms80439, May 14, 2018.

1. jharms80439

jharms80439 Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Price:
    Strings:
    Howdy all!

This NSD CR4M has been my office practice bass since I purchased it here...

SOLD - NS CR4M EUB

Price is shipped and insured to the lower 48.

As I have since recently moved offices, there now isn't room or ability to practice at the new space. This means that the EUB is now up for sale and I'm practicing on my acoustic upright at home.

FWIW, I've owned several NSD EUB's in the past and I'll more than likely own one again when my situation changes (if either I play out more or I change offices again). With the new business (I'm self employed) taking off, neither is likely though. :( If there is any doubt, I've also owned most of the EUBs on the market and the NSD (IMHO) is still the best of the EUB's on the market.

Now the deets on the bass. Since I purchased the bass, I've added the NSD Endpin Stand and the K&M EUB stand - both from Gollihur Music - and they come with the bass. Oh, and the bass does come with the original NSD stand and gig bag too. Frankly, I prefer the K&M stand over the NSD endpin stand solution - as for me the bass always has the endpin installed.

Included are the original NSD strings. Bass is currently strung in Fifths (CGDA) and I'm sure that I have a heavy or medium Spirocore "E" string that I'll install and reset everything to EADG tuning. Also in the case will be all of the tools (Allen keys) to make any adjustments. Otherwise the current strings are a mix of Spirocores & Dominants (Dominants are a best guess though as I haven't changed strings since I first received the bass and installed the new(er) strings from my former EUB string stash).

Also I've used both the NSD CR Neck Heel on many of my basses, but in the Summer heat (i.e. playing outside in the heat of the day), the double sided sticky tape usually has me playing out of tune quickly. Essentially, the NSD neck heel moves a bit as the sticky tape heats up and slides around. That said, if I can dig one up (I think that I still have two of them), I'll include the NSD Neck Heel (also from Gollihur) with the bass.

However, a far better method is what is on the CR4T - the little brass brad nail inserted in the neck - to feel when you need to move to thumb position. It's simple and easy, doesn't impact the aesthetics and most importantly, it doesn't move! So, long story short, this is what I've had installed on this neck - see the picture below. Most of the bass pics are from the sale at the link above (except for the brad nail) and I can upload new/more pics soon. FWIW, it's been raining here for the past few days here in (normally sunny) Colorado - and I had wanted to get outdoor pics but that hasn't been in the cards.

Lastly, I've used a white paint pen to mark dots on the side of the neck (on the side of the ebony fingerboard). They are easily removed - just scrape them off with your fingernail. I can leave them or remove them - just let me know what you want me to do. Personally, I'd leave them as unless you are firmly an in tune upright player, you'll need them to easily see where you are playing on a dark stage. Oh, and FWIW, I have permanent ones installed on my acoustic upright bass and they work very well.

Price is firm and includes shipping & insurance. Shipping will be in two - three boxes and is ConUS only. Payment is via PayPal.

Thanks for looking!

John

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    MHT75 likes this.
  2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I have one of these and LOVE it!
    The ONLY reason I would sell it or trade it would be for a 5 string version.

3. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    New pics from "partly sunny" Colorado.

IMG_3092. IMG_3090. IMG_3093. IMG_3094. IMG_3101. IMG_3096. IMG_3098. IMG_3099. IMG_3102. IMG_3104. IMG_3106. IMG_3107. IMG_3108.

For those that have asked, I am willing to sell the bass without the NSD Endpin Stand and the K&M stand for $1950 shipped. I'll just end up buying them again...

:)

John

4. jharms80439

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    Sale pending...