1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD NS Design NXT 4 for Sale... price reduced $850

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by agfrag, Oct 3, 2015.

1. agfrag

agfrag Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Novi, Mi
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    For sale is my NXT 4. It is in great shape, and has an excellent tone to my ears.

I am the original owner, and the instrument is like new, I couldn't find any blemishes to point out on the instrument! Except the one on the very top of the headstock which is a small dent I put in it when I took it out of the box and mis-judged my 7 foot basement ceiling height! It is now covered by a strip of Velcro (look at the tuner pic), so it would never happen again!

Another thing I'd like to point out is the hole on the back of the rear cover plate. I built a pre-amp circuit and mounted the on-off switch in this hole. I later got rid of it as it didn't really improve the tone or volume any, and when I put the full length strings on it, it became a hassle to remove the battery. So the hole remains! All else is stock inside now.

The strings are the full length D'Addario's Gollihur sells for the NXT.

There are a few mods I'd like to mention.

First is the white fuzzy cloth under the strings right up by the nut. This is there to deaden the open strings a bit to help it sound more like an upright. Works pretty good too.

Second is the strip of bike inner tube rubber on top of the bridge under the D and G strings. This serves to add a little extra “mwah” to the tone of those two strings and works really well... subtle... but it's there.

Third is the inner tube covered dowel that is fitted over the sharp edge where the full length strings pass over the sharp edge. I felt the sharp edge was a bit unnatural (still do) so I made this to ease the stress on the strings a bit.

Fourth is the tuners. Many folks replace the stock tuners with the Hipshots, but I had a set of Grovers that needed even less of a hole enlargement to fit, and the posts are better (bigger) than the Hipshots. And I dig the “S” shaped wings... makes it very nice to tune!

Selling as I have way to many EUB's right now, and another in the shop. Or as my wife so nicely puts it... “too many necks”!

Comes with all original paperwork, stand, wrench for the truss rod (bag still unopened) and advert flyer.

Price does not include shipping, as I always seem to guess that wrong on the losing side, but to do an estimate, the instrument will be packed... very well... in the original box, which will weigh about 17 lbs, and it's 56 x 10 x 10 inches.

Sound examples available via You Tube, search for “Sonicrain Jazz”. A good example clip is the solo on Footprints at about 2:25. Pardon the technique...!

Paypal only please, and sale only to continental US lower 48.

NXT%20Profile_zps1h4mzrqs.jpg
    NXT%20Headstock_zpsimkrifg9.jpg
    NXT%20Stand_zpsmzeavdzl.jpg
    NXT%20Tuners%20velcro_zpsmg217yv0.jpg

NXT%20Back_zpsattlelah.jpg
    NXT%20Serial%20no_zpsldl0o81a.jpg
    NXT%20All_zps3n8r49rp.jpg

2. agfrag

agfrag Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Novi, Mi
    Price reduced to $850.

3. dezuiri

dezuiri

Feb 20, 2007
    Redwood City, CA
    Hey agfrag, I'm in! I'll send a PM. :)

4. agfrag

agfrag Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Novi, Mi
    Sale Pending!

5. inapinch

inapinch

Jan 29, 2006
    Stroudsburg, Pa
    Still pending on the sale if not i am interested.....

Thanks, Mike

6. agfrag

agfrag Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Novi, Mi
    I'm an idiot, shipped it yesterday and forgot to mark it sold! Please accept my apologies!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021