NS Design Wav 4 Radius Bass guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by filiosp, Jul 31, 2020.

1. filiosp

filiosp

May 11, 2020
    Anybody have experience in playing one of these? I'm considering buying one since the B-stock ones are around 500-600EU total, as opposed to the 3000~EU 2-pickup CR version/models.

They seem to have a good Status- slap tone, but I've heard reviews of them being too 'trebly'. Asking mostly because there are almost no videos on these, tho they look good basses, made by Ned Steinberger.

Unfortunately no stores in my country have these basses, and it will probably cost around ~200EU for me to bring one in, and send it back if I don't really like it.

2. joenoone

joenoone

Mar 21, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    I've heard great things - have a coworker in another state who got one and loves it. The bit about being "too trebly" may be someone who uses the passive pickup model which is a piezo pickup. Those usually have 1M ohm impedance, and most amps/effects are geared for 500k ohm or less imputs. For piezo pickups you need an acoustic preamp to drop the impedance so it sounds right.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022