1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NS Design WAV Electric Upright Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by squarewave, Oct 14, 2013.

1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Hi-

I guess it's time for me to get an acoustic upright bass, so I'm selling this very nice NS bass. The condition is excellent, and it sounds great. It will come in the original bag, with the original stand, and the original shipping box.

Check out the photos below, and my TalkBass feedback. PM or post any questions. PayPal or other forms of payment are OK with me.

$800 including shipping in the continental US.

null_zpsf003ef31.

null_zps59e83770.

null_zpsd6ba27ef.

null_zps01ffd8cf.

null_zps3138aef9.

null_zpsc96da713.

null_zps690d7f31.

null_zps92870a54.

null_zpsb47f4ebd.

null_zps5a5f9063. [/URL]

2. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    still for sale?

3. dpbass66

dpbass66

May 20, 2010
    Question....
    I have been an electric bass player solely my whole career, and now am thinking about becoming a doubler. I cant afford a decent UB right now and thought a good way to learn the UB neck would be through a EUB, like the on you have for sale. How close to a real upright is the neck? Does the NS have any attachment to mimic the UB body shoulders?

4. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Thanks for the question

The neck is very much like a "standard" 3/4 upright neck, both dimensionally and in feel. However, there is not an extension to simulate a body, and the bass is supported in a fixed position by a stand, which is quite unlike an acoustic upright.

I do think it's a good step towards an acoustic upright, and of course, much more portable, and easier to amplify.

Best regards.