Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NS strap system improvements

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Gorgula, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Gorgula

Gorgula

Oct 16, 2002
    So Cal
    I just made some improvements to my NS strap system that I am VERY happy with and thought I would pass them along.

First, I replaced the 3 original strap buttons with black Schaller straplock buttons. In order to do so, I had to thread the holes with a 10-32 tap in order to screw them on to the existing screws.

Next, I replaced the original shoulder strap with a short Comfort Strapp (http://comfortstrapp.com). I removed some of the material at one end to make it a little shorter for my liking. Then I attached Schaller strap locks to each end. This is MUCH more comfortable than the original strap and It comes on and off easily but won't fall off thanks to the straplocks.

Then I got a Planet Waves black nylon guitar strap, shortened it and put a strap lock on only one end. This is the new waiste strap. The waiste strap is an 'optional' item when you buy the strap system, but I really think it is essential since it adds so much stability to the bass.

Rather than try to how to attach everything, I'll just show the pics. It should be self explanatory.

It was a fun and fairly easy project and it dramatically improved the functionality and comfort of the whole system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]