1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

NSD: D'Addario tapes. Woo.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Morrighan, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Friend of mine is showing me the tapewounds he put on his bass. It's about 1981-2 and your narrator is a dyed-in-the-wool Rotosound player. How strange, yet interesting, methinks. And back to my Rotos, hey.

Realign the timeline to this moment. First NBD in 39 years, it's a Chowny CHB-1 semi-hollow body. Came new with D'Addario rounds. To my mild surprise, I like the D'Addarios very much. Yet I have that brighter tone spectrum covered with my Old Reliable StingRay.

D'Addario tapewounds are in my hands and the sacred ritual of changing strings begins. The tapes fit the nut perfectly and I set up the bass to my liking. This is my first experience with a floating bridge, and I find it pretty painless to work with.

The tone, boss, the tone!

It's boss.

And really fun to play. Won't be swapping these strings out anytime soon.

- M

Root 5 likes this.
  2. No pic, no new strings. ;)

Root 5 and Morrighan like this.
  3. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Good point. This is TB. Where are my manners?

WP_20180725_11_46_17_Pro.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Root 5 and scuzzy like this.
  4. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    Welcome to the dark side - tapes are powerful juju

Root 5 and Morrighan like this.
  5. Morrighan likes this.
  6. I’ve had the same set of D’Addario Tapes on my Ibanez acoustic for almost five years. I’ve flirted with replacing them but I just can’t bring myself to take these off.

I’ve had them on three other basses and I’ve always been pleased. I’m considering purchasing a set for my Squier fretless Jazz. Fantastic strings!

Morrighan likes this.
  7. Morrighan

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Tapes on a fretless has to be way cool.

8. I have D'Addario tapewounds on a G&L LB 100 right now and they sound/feel great. Been on there ~ 3-years now.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021