NSD - Pick A Favorite (New Straps from le Rockskin)

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by Greg75, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Custom Space (bass to come in a month or so)

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Armour (vintaged white)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Venice (aquamarine)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Versailles (brown/yellow--le Rockskin's name for this saddle color)

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  5. I only like all black straps made out of recycled seat belts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Greg75

Greg75 Supporting Member

My son Noah and I are in the process of putting together a lightweight fretless Precision from a great ash body and parts I got from TB classifieds, as well as a status neck, a Quickguards PG, and a special finish by Pat Wilkins. Noah has dubbed it the "Space Bass," due to the ~7lbs weight, high-tech neck, and the design of the trans-white to trans-purple to black sparkle fade finish (not a Bootsy Star Bass, by any stretch). In addition to coming up with a waterslide logo for the headstock, we decided to get someone to make us a retro-cool space strap to match.

I did some searching and found some great pics and testimonials on the site of leRockskin in Italy (no affiliation). I reached out by email to go over what Noah and I had in mind. The guys at leRockskin, Samuele & Alberto, are artists who enjoy custom jobs and advertise that their focus is turning their customers' visions into really cool straps.

A couple of weeks later, I received the 4 straps pictured, since I also decided to get something new for my Jazzes and gold Precision. The Space strap and the white vintaged Armour strap were made custom according to input from my son and me and our approvals, while the aquamarine Venice and brown/yellow Versailles are pretty much stock. Each is about 3.5" wide, slightly padded, and very comfy with all of my basses.

The surprisingly lightweight straps are excellently finished and stitched; the materials used are top-notch; and, each custom detail we requested was done exactly as specified. Obviously, I recommend leRockskin, if you're in the market.

Here's some pics. Let me know your favorite if you have one, and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

20210402_181338.jpeg 20210403_222601.jpeg 20210403_222407.jpeg 20210403_222151.jpeg 20210403_222305.jpeg 20210402_132704~2.jpeg

Thank you,
    Greg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    nixdad and LastJaguar like this.
  2. LastJaguar

LastJaguar

Oct 10, 2019
    Space strap is my favorite. They are all pretty cool.

Greg75 likes this.
  3. I can't answer your question good sir, I can only admire your taste in basses.

Greg75 likes this.
  4. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Beautiful

Greg75 likes this.
  5. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
    Cool you have the money. And wow, you even have colored washers.

6. Greg75

Greg75 Supporting Member

The straps were about the same price as the go-to Italia straps at "regular" price, or about the same price or less than some of the other better brands, but made to my specs. I am certain they will last at least a lifetime, like my basses. So, saving for the right gear at the right deal is better for me. I only occasionally flip pedals; the rest I expect will be enjoyed by my son long after I am gone. As for the washers, Fender sells black, surf green, or red all for about $3 for a pack of 4, or you can get the ones for beer bottles in a few different colors for less than $10 for two dozen.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021