1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NSD (yellow speaker content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ficelles, Jul 11, 2018.

1. jefff100

jefff100 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Central NJ
    Congrats on the cab and nice paring. I have the same cab in a 4 ohm version. I bought it for something smaller and more easily carried than my larger Epifani cabs when I'm doing a small venue, esp. when I might have to walk a few blocks. I’m very happy with mine, I removed the logo only because I mainly use the cab vertically.

Rear porting I find to be a non issue as long as I don’t back it up against a wall.

I like it enough that I’m considering picking up the 102HF 8 ohm version with the horn to pair with my Epi 210. Finding a clean used Epi 210 thats a match for the one I have is a needle in the haystack affair.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    TrevorG and Pbassmanca like this.
  2. 2tonic

2tonic

Dec 22, 2015
    Congrats! Nice rig!

Just shine a blue light on it so all the yellow appears green!

Yellow = Retiring fellow
    Green = Mean, and meant to be seen! :D

TrevorG likes this.
  3. bulldean

bulldean Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Nice rig, I like any color speaker and cab other than the usual black.

That goes for cables as well. Much easier at the end of the night to track yours down.

TrevorG likes this.
  4. dennis james

dennis james

Jun 30, 2018
    removing the "markbass" sticker on front makes a big difference. it's only glued on, albeit with some pretty strong glue, but it'll come off.

TrevorG likes this.
  5. sigterm

sigterm ;) ;) ;), love y'all Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Atlanta G of A
    Very nice rig, the amps are very tuned to their cabs and sound really great paired together. One crazy thing I have just recently done on mine is dimed the VPF. I played on one where the treble, vle, and vpf knobs had been broken off and the VPF was stuck full. Was a fun musical sound. For the longest ive had both vle and vpf on 0 which sounds great as well.

TrevorG, Nick von Nick and Pbassmanca like this.
  6. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

That's a beauty little rig! I like the look of Markbass gear, with the yellow against the black. Is that the 8ohm or 4 ohm cab? Nice to have such a lightweight schlep eh? :thumbsup:

7. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    I'm waiting on this same head to have as a backup. Musician's Friend has (or had, dunno) it on sale for $250 and it was too good a deal to pass up. Backordered but patience is a virtue, so they say. Boo, I just looked and the price is back up.

8. By rear porting, it actually pushes out air, but also draws air in. Almost like a equalization of the air pressure in the cab. It also gives a bit more volume of air displacement, and with the vent not on the front speaker board, the cab can be more compact in size. That's what a lot of players like about the MarkBass's compactness. They sound fine rear ported.

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Nice!! Here's one of my old rigs. This thing sounded great!
    100_0904.

TrevorG likes this.
  10. Nick von Nick

Nick von Nick Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Upstate NY
    This was my initial motivation to try them! They did not disappoint. More importantly, the sound is incredible (especially when I roll of the tweeter on my NYC 121).

Clear and boomy - my "holy grail" combination.

Best,
    ~Nick von Nick

Pbassmanca, TrevorG and armyadarkness like this.
  11. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Yes I've had a poke at it already, just want to make sure I can get it off in one piece...

jefff100 and Pbassmanca like this.
  12. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    They are selling pretty well over here I think... I paid £249 UKP though so you are getting them cheaper than we are! I also paid for the Markbass little amp bag which is quite well thought out as you can run the amp in the bag if you want to (it has cooling vents and front/rear access).

armyadarkness likes this.
  13. armyadarkness

armyadarkness Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Yeah... Lol. I'm relatively sure that I have more Markbass gear than anyone else on TB, and though I love it, I really do hate the yellow.

It's not that I hate yellow... I like it, just not on my bass gear.

Still, when it sounds good, is light, durable, and reliable, it's a fair trade.

Pbassmanca, Jason Hollar and sigterm like this.
  14. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Yeah I do love their padded bags!

15. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    I think my entire full stack weighs less than 100lbs and it's an 800 watt hybrid. I don't think that any other company can boast such rights.

16. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    And even if they could, it would only be because they were copying Markbass.

17. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    I went for the 4ohm so I'm getting 250w from the head rather than 150w at 8ohms, downside is I can't pair it with another cab... but then this is intended to be a small rig so doesn't matter too much.

18. stringthrough

stringthrough Supporting Member

I have the MB 12” combo and like the yellow. It pops when surrounded by all that black.

TrevorG likes this.
  19. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    7240D4E9-595B-4AC0-8CF5-430C91E7B37F.

After a couple years of regular gig use, the logo plate slid right off my CMD combo one particularly hot summer day - after the cab had been in a hot car for a few hours. I manually removed the logo from my nyc 1x12 in cooler weather and it was a bigger project but ultimately successful. Enter MB STEALTH MODE

Pbassmanca, ficelles and TrevorG like this.
  20. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    I'm shocked that you can even get those cabs in 4ohm

Pbassmanca likes this.