1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NSD (yellow speaker content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ficelles, Jul 11, 2018.

1. armyadarkness

armyadarkness Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    I have my own made... mark bass mod.

2. sigterm

sigterm ;) ;) ;), love y'all Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Atlanta G of A
    Shop smart, shop s-mart.

Pbassmanca, TrevorG and armyadarkness like this.
  3. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Excellent response!

Pbassmanca likes this.
  4. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    Ha, so is this, and the rig might just go in...
    20180712_145311.

Pbassmanca and Wisebass like this.
  5. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    400W rating, so ideal to pair with a little 250W head...

Pbassmanca and armyadarkness like this.
  6. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

I agree, 250 Watts into that cab is actually quite a bit of juice, and you can easily play a small bar or club and give them some nice thick bass tone without front of house support. The VPF control on the mark bass head is great for adding some thickness to the tone when you feel like you need a bit of boost do your overall sound. Great score! :thumbsup:

7. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    When I was photographing my cabs the other day for a size comparison post, I noticed that both my 8" and 10" in cabs were 800 watts each. I'm pretty impressed that the 8"s can handle that per cab. 1600 watts for a speaker stack that's only 3 1/2 feet tall is very impressive. I'll see if I can find the post.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  8. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca In the pocket n' thumpy. So woody, so greasy...

On occasion I've actually considered switching my rig over to that little CMD combo 112 with an extension cabinet. That is a great sounding little mini stack that actually gets surprisingly loud and thick with some great low end tones for such a small package. Single 12" mini stacks appeal to me for some reason, maybe it's because they really punch above their weight? :laugh:

armyadarkness likes this.
  9. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    Well here you go my friend... This will give you a really good idea of real world size. The little 8's weigh nothing, but handle the same watts as the two 410's and twice the watts of the 810!
    20180704_105340. 20180704_105407. 20180704_105415.

10. armyadarkness

Nov 3, 2012
    NJ Bayou Country
    I run those 8's with a little tube 800 and so for just one cab and the head in the back pack, there's not much that it won't do.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  11. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    Don’t tell me how much power it will hold, tell me how much acoustic output it will honestly deliver!

12. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    That logo is so coming off my cab...

Pbassmanca likes this.
  13. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Yeah I like the 2x12 stack so far - it’s a great option for my corporate & country club gigs where you need a small combo for cocktails in the lobby, then the extra cab for the dance set in the ballroom.

I still love my GK700 into SWR210 for the louder blues / rock / reggae gigs - this rig seems much louder and beefier.

However - those 4x8 cabs look really interesting!

14. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    I think you should go the whole nine yards with this and close the loop.... upload_2018-7-12_11-34-41.

15. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    And done. Glad I've had some experience removing iPad screens, getting the logo off and keeping it intact without bending the grille needs a bit of thought. Warwick included for scale.

IMG_0900.JPG

SteveCS and Jason Hollar like this.
  16. Hey another one with two 4x8's. One of my 4x8's has a rating of 800W (lower serial nr.), the other one 600W. My guess is that the 800W is a bit too optimistic.

IMG_0375.JPG

17. Jason Hollar

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    That’s funny - my buddy who is a pro painter offered to spray my orange speakers glossy black. I’m half tempted to try it! Might actually reinforce the low end response - lol

18. bulldean

bulldean Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2015
    I have the same cabs/rig.... love them. I took the logo off the bottom one. My actual question is, I notice you have a pedal on top of your cab instead of the floor. I also do that, I have a Sansamp that I leave on all the time. Why would I put it on the floor? All of my band mates give me $hit because it's a pedal on my amp. Anyone ever questioned you about this?

19. jefff100

jefff100 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Central NJ
    They come off pretty easy actually. Slow gentle pressure does it. There will be some self adhesive gummy residue left on both the label and the grill, that cleans up easily with acetone. I stuck my logo plate in a manilla envelope and put it in a file folder, just in case I ever want to sell it, I can offer it to the prospective new owner.

20. Jason Hollar

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Nah - none of my band members really care. Except the drummers who are also bass players. They geek out over this stuff and thus can’t be fired.

Pbassmanca and bulldean like this.