1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NTD; New tools day!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by reverendrally, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Excitement! Birthday tools arrived today!

IMAG0173_zps73904c22.

IMAG0175_zpsec50c69b.

IMAG0176_zps3828e104.

Of course there is a day's work in unpacking a assembling all this stuff. Suffice to say, I need to leave most of it until thursday.... and clean all the unused crap out of the garage... AGAIN!

2. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

Jul 18, 2012
    Davenport, Iowa
    Super cool, I'm excited for you. I figured I was going to see a few new hand tools, not a pallet being crane lifted off a truck.

3. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    What's in the boxes? Bandsaw? Jointer? Planer? Drum sander? Router table? Drill press?

4. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    deviated prevert
    I bet it's a set of screwdrivers.
    And a hammer.

A nice hammer.

wraub

5. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Its actually a nice set of calipers and a new pair of flip flops.

6. Fixed. ;) Yes to all of the above.

7. Well, if you're cleaning up I'll help. I'll be right over to take that rubbishy thing with the red stripe to the right of the pallet out of your garage, that'll give you plenty more room!

Seriously though, what is that a 57? Pic's too dark, can't see the dash and my memory is rusty on dating steering wheels. Cool caps, rock guards and a visor to boot! Agave? Semiphores still operational? Sorry to derail.

Congrats on your tools (and your süß kleine käfer).

8. I wouldn't call it derailing! hey, it's the op's own fault for posting that pic!!!! :D

I'd love to see a pictorial description on how you are setting everything up!

9. Feral and J; It's a 56' beetle. Good eyes Feral!

IMAG09791.

I got it in October last year in trade for a dunebuggy I used to own. It's a very cool car. 99% rust free. 70% original paint. Aussie flash trim, red with white pinstripe interior, lot of bits and pieces; bambus parcel tray, parcel web in the roof, visor, stop light star, wheel trims, gravel guards, etc...

IMAG0999.

And... a judson supercharged 40hp engine with a 12 volt conversion. The semaphores don't work at the mo, but it has other extra indicators. It's a very cool car. You can look up my album here.

http://s279.photobucket.com/user/stpeterscia/library/1956 Oval window beetle

It was a lot lower and when the PO brought it down, the back suspension was bottoming out all the time and the front tyres were rubbing on the headlight buckets. I've raised it back up a bit so the the stance is more raked and a whole lot safer. I also put safety belts in it for myself and my kids too. The long term plan is some sort of 1600 with forced induction. Turbo or supercharger and EFI. But that can wait. For now, I'm conserving my license after a few run ins with the law over the last 2 years.

10. Well so far we have...

IMAG01781_zpsc402ab92.

3 down and 2 yet to be unpacked. I'm swimming cardboard and unidentified accessories. The router table is literally a mystery to me. So many bits. Took me three goes to get it together right.
    :rolleyes:

Got the jointer and Bandsaw yet to unpack. If I did it again, I'd leave the saw table and router table in their boxes and unpack the dust extractor and bandsaw first. Unfortunately, everything is so heavy I need to assemble it off the pallet instead.

My old bandsaw and a bike is on ebay at the mo. The sooner they go the better too. :help:

I know I can fit it all in, but by golly I didn't allow for how much time all the assembly and setup is gonna take. Oh well, still very excited to have some proper, safe tools. :)

11. miziomix

miziomix Über on my mind Commercial User

Sep 28, 2009
    Milan, Kuala Lumpur, Paris.
    Bass builder @ MüB.
    Oh... I see.... you didn't buy a crane.... :( ...it's OK.... I guess....

hahahahahahah WOW...So many tools at the same time! That's like a few Santa Claus in one go :D I'm excited for you!

12. I don't know which one to play with first! :D

13. jointer done... phew. What a marathon!