1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

nuetrix jack?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NightBeast, Sep 19, 2005.

1. NightBeast

NightBeast

Sep 17, 2005
    i dont kno if this is the right place to be posting this, but *** is a nuetrix jack? i was looking through some of ibanez's suff and noticed that, and was wondering *** is was! can someone plz let me kno?

2. Neutrik is just a company that makes good quality jacks and plugs and stuff. If a bass has one, that is a good thing. It will work with your regular guitar cord.

3. NightBeast

NightBeast

Sep 17, 2005
    ok thz, they just kinda look different, and i thought that mabey u had to have a diff cord or something, but do they sound alot better?

4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    There are a few different Neutrik jacks available for instrument use (many identical to Switchcraft), but you probably mean the kind that accepts either a 1/4" or an XLR plug. You can use your standard 1/4" plugs with them, in which case they don't sound any different from "regular" Switchcraft jacks.

Or it could be the locking 1/4" jacks, which also sound the same except the connection locks when a plug is inserted.

Both cost a lot more than the standard Switchcraft jacks, and both take up a lot more space. Neither sounds better than the Switchcraft when used with 1/4" plugs, but they do have the advantages of flexibility (in the 1/4" /XLR combo) and security (the locking).