Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

nuetrix jack?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NightBeast, Sep 19, 2005.

1. NightBeast

NightBeast

Sep 17, 2005
    i dont kno if this is the right place to be posting this, but *** is a nuetrix jack? i was looking through some of ibanez's suff and noticed that, and was wondering *** is was! can someone plz let me kno?

2. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    Neutrik is just a company that makes good quality jacks and plugs and stuff. If a bass has one, that is a good thing. It will work with your regular guitar cord.

3. NightBeast

NightBeast

Sep 17, 2005
    ok thz, they just kinda look different, and i thought that mabey u had to have a diff cord or something, but do they sound alot better?

4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    There are a few different Neutrik jacks available for instrument use (many identical to Switchcraft), but you probably mean the kind that accepts either a 1/4" or an XLR plug. You can use your standard 1/4" plugs with them, in which case they don't sound any different from "regular" Switchcraft jacks.

Or it could be the locking 1/4" jacks, which also sound the same except the connection locks when a plug is inserted.

Both cost a lot more than the standard Switchcraft jacks, and both take up a lot more space. Neither sounds better than the Switchcraft when used with 1/4" plugs, but they do have the advantages of flexibility (in the 1/4" /XLR combo) and security (the locking).