Numb Digit

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Mike Goodbar, Oct 7, 2005.

1. I took a 2-day 60 mile bike trip this Wed-Thu with my kid’s middle school class. Riding my bike that far is generally not something I’d do willingly, but it was a great experience on the whole. However, by the time we rolled back into the schoolyard, my left pinky had gone almost completely numb. I tried changing my hand positions on the handlebars a lot during the trip to avoid this kind of thing, but it obviously didn’t work.

Some of the feeling has come back, but about half of the finger lengthwise still feels like its asleep. I immediately tried playing, and it definitely has a detrimental effect.

Last year, a shoulder injury caused similar numbness in my left index finger. Some numbness is still there, but not enough really affect my playing. But the pinky thing is really going to be a problem.

Anyone else experience this type of problem? Does this sound indicative of a CTS problem?

If it lasts, I’ll definitely see my doc.
  2. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
  3. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Mike...if it persists I'd definitely go get tested for CTS. Search the 'net for some exercises to do. I had CTS surgery on my right hand last year and it's STILL tingly, although not anywhere near what it used to be.

BTW...did a gig w/ a friend of yours last night...Tim Bell. He said to say....well..I can't repeat it here :D.

Good luck with your hand.