Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

number of cabs for the ashdown mag 300r head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr_Shrapnel, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Mr_Shrapnel

Mr_Shrapnel Guest

Mar 20, 2004
    Hi, im considering getting an Ashdown Mag 300r head because i really liked the sound of it last time i played through one. However, while i was actually playing it, i forgot to ask the owner how many cabs could be hooked up to it! (maybe a silly question i know...).

I think i want to hook a 1-15, and a 2-10 up to it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks very much!

2. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    Yes, I believe that you can do that as long as both cabs are rated 8 ohm (4 ohm total).

My interest lies in the 2X10 combo. I believe that this is around 185W as an 8 ohm standalone and the full 307W potential can be had when an 8ohm ext. cab is added.

Very practical.

If anyone else can chime in here I'd appreciate it. The mag series sounds like a great value (power, cost, tone, size and weight) for working players.

3. Mr_Shrapnel

Mr_Shrapnel Guest

Mar 20, 2004
    ok that sound good, thanks!

4. At the risk of boring everyone to death ( :) ), I have been using a Mag 2x10T Combo and a Mag 1x15 DeepCab for a while now. Combo alone for small/jazz gigs, add the 1x15 when I want to move more air. As you rightly say, very practical and unbeatable value too IMHO.

Go for it. :) :)