1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nurnberger French Bow $1,200

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by MunchiePickle, Oct 30, 2013.

1. I'm selling my Albert Nurnberger French bow for $1,200.

I purchased the bow in 1996 from Boston String Instrument Co. I paid $1,400 for it.

I recently sent these photos for a rough verbal appraisal to Volker Nahrmann (http://www.nahrmannbass.com). At this point in time I have not acquired official appraisal paperwork.

Nahrmann said the bow is worth somewhere between $1,500-2,000 - even with the damaged tip, and it will definitely need to be rehaired.

I would *really* like to see this bow go to a good home - someone who will enjoy it and use it. I tried eBay last year and didn't have a lot of success. From reading the forums, it's my understanding it could take a while to find a buyer.

Here is a link to a few more photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/52452969@N08/sets/72157637120966246/

Attached Files:

2. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    What's the weight on the bow? Playing length?
    BG

3. I'm out of town currently, I'll get back to you early next week. Thanks for the inquiry, these details escaped me when I made the post!

4. The bow weighs 137 grams.

The length from the end of the nut to the tip is 28" and the length of the hair is 22 1/4".

5. Will Yager

Will Yager Supporting Member

May 7, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    PM'd