1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nut for Conklin Groove Tools 7-string

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ironfist, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ironfist

ironfist

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm hoping to find out where I can get a pre-slotted nut for my Conklin GT-7. The bass is about six years old and recently a chunk of the nut broke off between the two lowest strings and promptly went missing. If it was a real handmade Conklin I'd have a new nut professional cut and shaped from a blank by a luthier, but since it's just a worn, older import model I don't want to spend a ton of money. Does anyone know where I can get the 2.5 inch nut for the Groove Tools 7-string bass? I've emailed Conklin already and am waiting for their reply as well. Thanks much.

2. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    Last year I changed my strings on my GTBD-7 from B-F to F#-C. Conklin sent me a new blank free of charge. However, The guy who did my setup felt that a bone nut would be better, so that's what I got.

3. Scatterblak

Scatterblak

May 12, 2007
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Endorsing Artist for Low End bass guitars, DNA Amplification
    I also need a nut on my Conklin 7 -- anyone have some price information on typical charges for a luthier to file down from a blank?