1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

nut problem on warwick limited

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by brisonic, Apr 2, 2006.

1. brisonic

brisonic

Jan 1, 2006
    san diego
    I have a problem. On the Warwick, the nut WAS attached on each edge by a very thin piece of plastic. I was very careful reducing tension fairly evenly across the nut. As I pulled the last loosened string away, apparently it was still in the slot on the nut. Both of these really thin pieces of plastic broke and the nut is now unattached. For what a limited costs I really would've expected better. And, as a bonus, Guitar Center is calling this event on an approximately one year old bass a wear and tear event. :meh:

2. I have a Corvette Standard and I had the same problem. I personally think that adjust-a-nut system is a piece-o-crap. I had the luthier put on a standard graphite nut and I won't have that problem again!

3. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Ahh the adjust-a-nut II issue!

Great thing Warwick and those people at Dana B. Goods have amazing tech support... Go to warwickbass.com, email is at the bottom. Email them with your issue and give them your bass' serial number and address where they can email you a new one for free. Include what the number of strings are and stuff like that.

When you get it in, you can do the fix yourself. You'll need 2 screwrivers. Preferrably middle in size compared to the others. Flathead as well. Now take the flathead tip and place it on the low E string nut on an angle and give it some LIGHT taps with the handle of the other screwdriver so it wedges on the angle... Do it smart and light! You want it to NOT GOUGE the headstock and go on a downward angle. Basically use the other screwdriver as a hammer to pop the nut out of the place. It is attached by super glue and just needs to loosen up....

You will need superglue to re-install the new nut. It can slide from the low E string down to the high G string... The truss rod cover sort of forms a groove where it fits nicely.

The reason this broke is due to re-stringing. You need to remove the outter edge strings (Low E and high G) first and then the center ones last... To put on new strings, get the middle ones out of the way first and tune to give tension... Hope this helps.